Sunday, July 16, 2017

Weimar Street Food Festival- A Foodie Heaven

This is the only spot that I could justify putting up as many pictures of food as I'm going to put up. Also, I want to give a short description of each food item that we ate haha. Maybe I should give up writing a normal blog and just start a food blog entitled: Eating my way through Germany.

This was only one section of food trucks

I think that my admiration for food trucks started when I started watching The Great Food Truck Race on the Food Network. It's just so cool to see people who are passionate about food start their own little business. Since then, I've joked about getting my own food truck- not that I'm sure what kind of food I'd actually sell. However, let's just say that that dream died after I got the chance to see what it is like inside an actual food truck. I don't think I'd last long. Or find a business partner who'd be willing to put up with me in that small of quarters...Any takers?



Started off with a home-brewed beer.
Passed Ben's expectations and I
thought it was pretty good too.

I remember going to a food truck festival in Minneapolis last year with some friends. It was quite the event and I loved the atmosphere, music and of course the people I was with. I like that street food is all about really good food and it doesn't waste too much time on aesthetics. Sometimes in restaurants you can get something that looks really amazing and then tastes mediocre, but I feel like street food usually has the opposite effect: looks eh and tastes MMMM.

We didn't try everything, but we definitely looked. :-D I don't think our stomachs or our wallets could have handled trying everything. So here's my picture compilation:

Isn't this name great? Deep fried candy bars, just like back in the U.S.A. :-D
We didn't think that we needed to try this.







Ok, the stuffed churros just looked cool. I wish I could've just come back for day two...



And fancy looking strudel...Nom Nom Nom. I already decided that I needed to work on my strudel-making skills, but I think I'm really going to have to work on them.
We actually got this one.
It's really just a pulled-pork sandwich, but Ben was sold on it from the moment he saw it. I obviously need to introduce him to my Grandma's pulled pork sandwiches. This one was pretty good though. :-)

Before we got the sandwich pictured above, were trying to decide exactly what to get, and when we walked by this place offered us a sample of their pulled pork. SO KĂ–STLICH (Yummy). It was hard to say no to ordering something there. So we got the mango something chicken wrap...
Why did we do that? Guess the image of the other pulled-pork place was still running through our heads.


Just look at this paella :-O The presentation was just impressive to me. I actually don't know that much about paella, so maybe this is not that impressive...anyone want to tell me? Or maybe Google.







THIS>>>>>>> To be honest, I don't think it was the most adventurous choice, but these dumplings were just calling to me. (Think I've been going through Asian food withdrawals). The lady selling them made them completely by hand and they were some of the best dumplings I've ever had in my life. I'm not exactly what the sauce was...not sure if it was something that was added to appeal to German eaters or if it was something traditional Tibetan. The reason I wonder is because there was also a potato and cheese dumpling option. :-P

I hope some people just gets a kick out of this. It's from the Swedish food truck: Lettuce, fried onions, pickles, mashed potatoes, and a hot dog (or two if you wanted) all wrapped up in a tortilla. Ben and I weren't sure exactly what to think about it. We did consider trying it but weren't too sure about the combo...

And last but not least, my favorite food truck. Can't say there was a long cue for it, but it was definitely the most unique. Unfortunately, I don't think my stomach could have handled it plus I wasn't willing to spend that much money on bugs. Maybe I'll try it the next time it's at a food truck festival.

Cool experience. Foodie heaven. Note to self to bring more money and a bigger stomach next time. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment