Monday, April 24, 2017

First German Sunday

We tried to go hiking yesterday. There really isn't much to do on Sundays besides hiking and having cake and coffee. It's very much a family day. Ben and I tried to go out for a hike in the early afternoon, but it was cold and rainy. We managed to get out later in the afternoon for a walk. It was beautiful even though it started hailing while we were out.

This view. I decided that I need to come 
up here every morning.

And on our way back, we found closet in a trash pile! Isn't it great?
The doors were crooked and didn't quite close and it's missing a back, but look at those handles! We were still a good 20 minute walk from the apartment, so we had to carry it to the tram station. Can't say it didn't make me miss having a car. Kind of awkward to carry a closet onto public transportation.

Coffee and Kuchen (cake) is a Sunday tradition. Bakeries are pretty much the only thing open on Sundays. Ben and I walked to one nearby and got some cake. There was quite a line.
Raspberry and Popeye-seed 
It was too late for coffee, so we just had cake. I think the raspberry might have been my favorite. MMmm so good!

I have to post two more pictures. Lots of people have heard how meticulous Germans are about recycling. I'm still getting the hang of separating everything, but I learned about glass recycling yesterday for the first time. Glass recycling is separated by color: white, green, and brown. There's an uncle of mine that I think would appreciate this.


 Also, no recycling on Sundays. Oops. Like anyone follows that rule....

2 comments:

  1. I do appreciate "this" recycling containers, but no recycling on Sundays??? Or they don't empty them on Sundays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just realized how to check comments haha. Technically, you're only allowed to place recycling in the recycling containers during the posted times...Guess they also don't pick up recycling on the weekends. (Should be fine if no one puts anything in there.) :-P

      Delete